In this 8 week support group, you will have the opportunity to more fully understand and grieve the pain of betrayal trauma. You’ll learn and begin to apply tools for personal healing and wholeness. This will be a space for you to be encouraged by other women who are also hurting and together take hold of biblical truth. This therapeutic group is designed specifically for wives whose husbands have been unfaithful in the marriage through pornography and sexual addiction, or any type of emotional or physical affair.
As wives, it can be overwhelming and difficult to even know where to begin the healing journey when your husband has been unfaithful or battling sexual addiction. You are likely experiencing emotions ranging from anger and rage to hopelessness and grief. However, God has given us the power to not only heal but to extend grace and forgiveness towards our spouses in the midst of such devastating brokenness. Whether you have just recently found out about your spouse’s hidden pornography struggle or have been picking up the pieces of infidelity for years, this group will be a healthy and safe place to process where you are in your journey. You will be able to sit alongside other women who have experienced the harmful effects of their spouse’s sexual sin and be encouraged by the reality that you are not alone.
In this group you will begin a journey toward identifying the losses, finding hope and healing, and taking hold of biblical truths. You are God’s beloved daughter and you will see how He deeply cares for and grieves with you in your pain. We will talk through feelings of shame, anger, bitterness, mistrust and consider how God’s Word comforts and restores. The goal of this group is to ultimately run toward Jesus Christ, the only one who is powerful enough to bind up our wounds and to change broken hearts.
During our time together you can look forward to:
- Confidential and authentic support
- A safe place to share and heal
- Group processing time and exploration of feelings and beliefs
- Encouragement from other sisters in Christ
- A deeper understanding of infidelity and betrayal trauma
- Facilitated group discussion and weekly homework
- Greater awareness of yourself and identity in Christ
- Practical steps towards hope and healing
- 8 weeks long, $45/week
- Space is limited to 8 women max
- Closed group, which means once group begins we will not be adding any additional group members to keep the space small and intimate
- Once you’ve confirmed your spot in the group, you will be financially responsible for all group sessions
Jessica and her husband are both licensed counselors at the Austin Stone Counseling Center and have been married since 2006. They have three beautiful daughters, the youngest being identical twins. Jessica has received specialized training in infidelity recovery and is a group therapist for Affair Recovery (www.affairrecovery.com). She has been working with with women and couples for the past 10 years and deeply believes that people’s lives are changed and transformed through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ and knowing him more.