God has given us marriage as a unique gift to highlight His deep affection and connection to us. And while many of us know this truth, we all struggle to live this out well in our marriages. We have the very best of intentions when we say “I do” but those promises do not seem to be enough when we begin to experience real life and unexpected turbulence on the journey. Living in unity with our spouse can be confusing and difficult at times, and often creates areas of deep woundedness. It doesn’t take long to see that marriage is not about our personal happiness, but is rather a sanctifying process toward Christ-like maturity and holiness. As in any relationship, marriage reveals challenges for every couple and we can all benefit from being intentional about growth in our marriages. In order to live out our unity with Christ and one another, it is vital to find ways of working toward authentic connection with your spouse throughout every season in marriage.
In this one-day interactive workshop you will learn tools to strengthen your marriage and grow in healthy communication, emotional awareness, and relational dynamics. You can expect to have a full day of teaching, small group discussion, and interaction that will help couples to:
- Identify where there are patterns of disconnection and implement new styles of relating
- Use the helpful language of The Enneagram and framework to see one another more clearly and move toward the other without judgment
- Grow in emotional attunement and regulation, especially during times of conflict and stress
- Reclaim and establish healthy rhythms for the marriage
- Identify and address different communication styles and how to work toward mutual understanding
- Unpack differences between expressing wants vs. needs
- Discover your relational attachment style and learn how to address unhealthy patterns
- Strengthen Sexual Intimacy
- Develop and establish marriage rituals and rhythms for connection
- Learn how to develop and implement a weekly “Marriage Check-in”
We hope you’ll come and invite your friends to come with you! Men you can be encouraged to know that Jessica’s husband, Ryan McDaniel will also be sharing throughout the day from a husband’s point of view! You’ll also hear from Brad and Stephanie Peterson on what their marriage journey has looked like throughout seasons of difficulty, transition and restoration. It’s our sincere desire that you will walk away encouraged and committed to doing what it takes to truly thrive in your marriage!
Jessica McDaniel is a Licensed Professional Counselor and has been working with couples for over 10 years. She has had the privilege of working for the Austin Stone Counseling Center since they opened in 2011, which is a professionally informed, biblically based counseling center in the Austin area. Jessica is passionate about helping women and couples work towards deeper authenticity and trusting Jesus in every part of their story. She has pursued specialized training in Marriage Counseling, Postpartum Support, Perinatal Grief & Loss, and Infidelity Recovery. Jessica’s personal experience and expertise has given her the opportunity to facilitate regular in-person support groups for women and couples who have experienced relational trauma, grief, and loss.
Jessica and her husband Ryan met in college at The University of Texas and are both licensed counselors. They have been married now for 13 years and have three beautiful daughters, the youngest being identical twins. Jessica enjoys teaching and leading seminars as well as spending as much time as she can with family and friends.